Thursday, September 11, 2008

Nigeria

I sit here and cry. I just finished reading the comments on the blog and all the emails you've sent and I'm amazed. The crazy thing is that most of you, I don't even know! God is up to something pretty crazy, I really can't fathom it. Thank you for your encouragement-thank you for praying. I'm just so in awe of God today. Let me fill you in.
This morning, one of my close friends came over that I hadn't seen in a year. We had a great time chatting and in the process, she told me how God had healed her this past year! God had really been speaking to her about dealing with some inner stuff and as a result, she was completely healed of an allergy and other medical stuff. Talk about amazing. Talk about affirming. I just got so excited. Here I am, seeking God and the Bible for healing, and my friend, totally unexpectedly, shares her story of healing-wow!
This afternoon, after chatting with 2 pastors, about which direction to take regarding chemo, Earl & I went to the Light Christian Store. One of the pastors had suggested getting some Praise & Worship music and had suggested a certain artist, so we decided to pick it up on the way home. All day, I'd been feeling pretty miserable with pretty intense chest pain, so after a bit I sat down in the store. I always like to watch people and today was no different. I saw an obvious African couple go to the counter and I thought, proceed to buy something. I heard them talking about sales and discounts and so on and so I gathered that they couldn't afford to buy this kid's CD/book that they wanted to buy. They left the counter and returned the item. The woman was still dressed in her traditional African clothes and I started dreaming about going to Africa, etc. etc. This couple really got to me. I started to wonder if maybe I should give them some money so they could buy this children's music. I imagined that they had just emmigrated and were probably really poor. I didn't really want to give them any money-I was too shy. I felt stupid, I mean how do I know if they're poor? What if they'd be offended? Was it just my imagination? I couldn't knock the feeling, so after we payed for our stuff, I told Earl how I felt. He encouraged it and so he went and gave them some money while I went to the car. I don't normally have these kind of moments, so I went to the car and prayed that that money could be used for awesome things and that something good could come out of it. After a few minutes, this African couple and Earl come out of the store and they come meet me. Before we've even introduced ourselves they wrap their arms around me and start praying. (Earl had told them I was sick) Here we were, in the parking lot-2 white people and 2 Africans hugging and praying-crying out to God. I thought we must look pretty crazy, but I didn't care. Turns out this couple are missionaries from Nigeria. They are traveling around, speaking about healing and have even written a book on healing!!!! Not only that, their son had a tumor on his head and was miraculously healed and the father also was healed miraculously! Wow! What an incredible God we serve. They were wanting to buy children's CDs, etc. because they are passionate about children's ministries in their country.Earl & I were so overwhelmed and then we found out that they were working with a church that is within walking distance from our house. They are currently living right close by. We gave them a ride to the house that they're living and the woman of that home gave us delicious Nigerian food for supper. After supper, we attended the Bible study. Now, I'm just trying to wrap my brain around it all. I feel so blessed to have so many people praying for me. I'm just amazed how God works. It's no accident that I felt God speaking to me, to give that money. It made me wonder, how many times I miss out on incredible blessings, just because I use the excuse that I'm shy. Earl & I were blessed and encouraged way more that that money ever meant to us. Let me just encourage all of us to be bold-who knows the blessings you will receive!?!
Ramona
PS. I'll try to do the Terry Fox Run in Arborg on Sunday. (hopefully bike) Love to see some of you there.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU Jesus!

Anonymous said...

Just want to let you know that we are praying for you even if you probably don't know us. ~The Barkman family from N.S.

Anonymous said...

That is such an awesome story only God could have planned it! Divine appointments...come to expect them when God is taking care of you! He loves to do things that prove He is God alone, and was planning everything all along. Get ready for more and even greater supernatural things to happen...all He needs from you is the hunger you are demonstrating for Him.
~Branton and Jennifer Loewen, TX.

Jobina said...

God is not a God of mistakes, accidents or co-incidents! Thank you Lord that you are encouraging Earl and Ramona to continue in faith to pray for a miracle. You are a great God!
Praying for both of you today especially!
Jobina

Anonymous said...

I love hearing how God puts people in our paths for mutual encouragement. What a mighty God we serve!
Still praying...
Ilse

Anonymous said...

We pray for more divine appointments Ramona, that God's power would be the forerunner of this miracle we are asking of Him.

The Lord is your strong tower, the righteous run into it, and they are saved.

praying, with the Body of Christ,

Jacquie Roberts

Amber said...

wow ramona. i have goosebumps...the good, God-filled kind :) YOU are such an amazing woman of God...He is shining right through you and it is so awesome. you & earl have been on my heart A LOT these lately and i am praying hard for you. thank-you for being YOU, you are a blessing to many.

Catherine said...

Ramona, Earl, I am Brigitte's sister, Lilou's aunt... I read your blog since the beginning I thing, this is the first time I write because I feel it is important ! You are important for my family simply because you gave sooooo much to my niece. I am praying for you.... Blessings
Catherine

Anonymous said...

Dear Ramona and Earl,

We will pray that God will give you wisdom. (Wisdom can be defined as using the best means to achieve the best outcome. It doesn't come from feeling something, but from thinking about it. An example of a wisdom is the book of Proverbs where observations from life are applied in order to avoid pitfalls and act prudently.)

Here's a few thoughts that may help.

In making a decision what criterior should you use in assessing your options?

1) All Bible believing Christians believe that God can work miraculously, and SOMETIMES does. (By miracle we mean that God makes an immediate divine intervention, suspending the normal laws of nature which he has put in place.)

2) Miracles happen very rarely. If they were regular, in the nature of the case they would be normal, and therefore not miraculous.
Test this one for yourselves by asking a question. How many people do you know FIRST HAND who have been cured of a serious disease? Not secondhand, not hearsay but intimately.

3) God usually works through second causes, using the help available in this world, such as the medical knowledge and practices of doctors.

4) Miracle and medical help are not in opposition to one another. One does not indicate belief and the other unbelief. Both come from God.

5) Because this is so, using means does not preclude God, (if it is His will) from using miracle.

6) The Apostle Paul could, through the endowment of the Holy Spirit, perform medical miracles. However he did not always do so. He told Timothy to "Take a little wine for your stomach's sake" indicating that Christians ought to use known means to aid their health.

7) If God is intending to perform a miracle, (and let us suppose for the sake of this discussion,that he has granted the faith to believe that it will happen, as per ACTS chapter 14 verses 9-10.) yet for us, his timing is unknown.

Being so, this indicates that we should use the means he has provided in the world, while looking to Him for the miraculous.

It may well be (and this is pure speculation) that his purpose is for the future. If so, it would seem wise to continue to use the chemo to keep you going until the appointed time arrives. The point is, you do NOT know the timing and should therefore, not shun, but consider using what God has presently provided.

Well, just a few thoughts to throw into the mix.

God bless you.

Derek and Bridget Edwards.

Anonymous said...

Ramona, I'M sitting here and crying!! I was up quite awhile last night thinking about and praying for you. For some reason I thought a LOT about the spiritual battle that would be going on as people prayed today... Praying that the powers of darkness will have NO PLACE in the LIGHT of an almighty GOD!!

Sarah said...

Every year (and day) my students add to our classroom prayer list. Your name was mentioned that first day and we have been praying for both you and Earl every day since then (three summers ago you had a huge impact on most of them!). Today we have stopped our work several times to pray for you and the decisions you have to make. It is amazing to hear how God is working in your lives! What an awesome God we serve!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!
Praying that God will guide you as clearly today as He did yesterday!
Linda

Anonymous said...

That's awesome!! God is great! I've been praying lots for you guys. For a renewed trust in the Lord and encouragement...I guess that prayer was answered! Today I'm praying for you regarding a decision about chemo. I know that is a very hard decision to make. Remember though that your health is in God's hands, which ever way you decide to go. Don't feel like one decision is the right one and the other is wrong. God is in control. He doesn't need chemo to heal you, although He could use it to heal you. I will contintue to pray for guidance.
Tiphanie Wiebe

Anonymous said...

Ramona,
As I was reading your blog I was reminded of somethings that I have been learning as I've studied/struggled with faith/believing God... in the past year. One thing is that faith pleases God a lot. Another is that God often works in accordance to our faith (it catches His attention). Also, God can do what He says He can do. Most importantly God is who He says He is.
I have been remembering often lately how you strongly believe that God spoke to you of healing when you were first diagnosed and I was looking for the verse that God gave me in regards to that 2 years ago.... on my way to find it I came across these and felt they were for you...
Ps.33:18-22 "Behold, the eye of the Lord is on those who fear Him, on those who hope for His lovingkindness, To deliver their soul from death, And to keep them alive in famine. Our soul waits for the LORD; He is our help and our shield. For our heart rejoices in Him, Because we trust in His holy name. Let your lovingkindness, O LORD, be upon us, ACCORDING AS WE HAVE HOPED IN YOU."
I am praying for your healing and your decision making and even more for God to keep your faith to remain strong and to grow(it is precious to him).... and for the rest of us too, who love you guys. I am waiting with anticipation to see what God has in store for you. If I wake up at night I will pray for you.
There are enough critics out there, and I can often join them.. but the fact is everything is possible with God. No one can ever take away our hope. Love Christy

Anonymous said...

I am one of Jacquie R's friends.

My prayer is that you would not be disappointed in God! Continue to hope and believe and have faith for the miraculous! We have seen the miraculous healings happen first hand here at Elmwood Vineyard! And so I hope and believe with you for a miracle for you!!

You are in our prayers!

Christa Massey

Anonymous said...

Hello
Powerful story!
In Exodus 14 God showed Himself as the One who can work in and around and through and in spite of horrible circumstances. This chapter is clear that God is glorified by undiluted adoration. Some dreadful situations (like yours) lend themselves, ironically, to true worship!
Tim (dad)

Anonymous said...

My Daughter,
Suffering is not pleasant, but I am with you even in the worst circumstances, loving you, holding you up, and giving you strength to get through this difficult time. Rest in my love for you. When you need someone to talk to, come to Me. Let Me embrace you with My peace. Remember too, that all your brothers and sisters in Christ are also encountering various trials. You are not alone, Ramona.Don't be afraid to share the heaviness of your heart with them. I designed you to rely on each other. Be open to accepting My love and comfort in whatever form it may come, and know,Ramona, that I'll never leave you to suffer alone. ~God

Anonymous said...

I am praying for you!
(Annie from Waterloo, Ontario)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your trials as well as your joys. That's a wonderful story--meeting those caring people.
We are praying for you, too. Your faith is inspiring.

Richest blessings,
Jacob & Jealene

Michele said...

Isn't that just like God to put the right people around you at the right time - His timing is truly amazing!!! What a day you two have had!!! Now go enjoy that CD you bought and know that we, your brothers and sisters in Christ are still praying for you and for Earl and we won't be stopping anytime soon.

Bless you both!

Michele (Jobina's sister)

Anonymous said...

Wow! It 's great to see God's Spirit at work. Way to go, Ramona, for being obedient to His Spirit. I'm so happy you were encouraged in this way. God is able to do more than we could ever think or imagine!!
Keep worshipping HIM!
Gloria.