Saturday, September 13, 2008

Earl Cooke-healed!!!!

So I'm at my parents in Morweena. Earl is at a men's retreat in the Whiteshell with a bunch of men from Soul Sanctuary. Tomorrow we'll meet in Arborg for the Terry Fox Run.
First of all, I thank every one of you for your prayers, comments and emails. It absolutely blows me away how many prayers were lifted upward yesterday-thank you! I'd also like to thank the girls that I had supper with last night. Thank you for allowing me to be real with you and for caring so deeply-thank you for praying with me; you guys are awesome! Now, where do I start? I'm so excited about what I heard today, that I'll start with that.
A lot of you have heard me mention Earl Cooke before. (Check out the link to his blog) This last week, God miraculously healed him of cancer!!! He was also fighting sarcoma and at his last appointment with Dr. Wong, he was given hopeless news. The cancer in his lungs was spreading fast. He went in to the hospital on Wednesday to start chemo. He had pain in his ribs so tests were done and his cancer was gone! There is one benign tumor, but everything cancerous is gone. Needless to say Dr. Wong was floored! Wow, wow, wow! I've been encouraging Earl Cooke for months that he & I would be Dr. Wong's first sarcoma survivors- it's crazy to see that happening. It blows my mind what God is doing. He's constantly affirming me that He is in control and that He's in the healing business. Thank you Jesus-you deserve all honor, glory and praise!
My next story will seem stupid to many of you and I simply don't care. I'm not forcing anyone to read this blog-it's simply Earl & I pouring out our hearts, allowing whoever wants to listen, to listen. Ever since my last bout of chemo, atleast since January, I can not remember a time that I sweat. I can not remember ever smelling sweat on any of my clothes or on myself. Yesterday, I was sitting outside and smelled sweat. I couldn't believe it was me- needless to say I really stank.(Earl can definitely testify to that :) ) This was the first time that I had sweat in almost a year. To everyone else, this is nothing to be thankful for. Most people wish they wouldn't sweat. I on the other hand, long to be healthy enough to sweat. I have no idea why I suddenly sweat, but I take it to be another little sign that God is healing my body. I'll let you think what you want.
And so here I sit, trying to absorb it all in-so thankful that God is completely in control. We were created to praise Him, no matter what we're going through!
As for the decision on chemo, I'll wait to officially post that until Earl is back from the men's retreat. I will share that we feel quite strongly in a certain direction and have felt a lot of affirmation.
Please don't stop praying
Ramona

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! It's so exciting to hear about Earl Cooke!! And that is added hope and encouragement for you I'm sure! I'll keep on praying...Love you!

Anonymous said...

oh that was Roshonna that just posted. =)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on those revived sweat glands!!! I was pretty excited to hear it! ;) Now a good deoderant I discovered after I got pregnant and started sweating...JK!!
LOVE you girl!!

Anonymous said...

Wow,it's so exciting to hear that another one of your friends has been healed!!
You sound confident in your last blog Ramona. I sense that you've made your decision and that you are at peace about it.
We're still praying...
Love you lots! Linda

A Journey with Cancer said...

Praise the living God! I was in prayer with Earl, our youth pastor and our worship leader today (when we stopped by our churchWhyte Ridge Baptist) when I was reminded that our Lord is the God of science. He created everything and therefore we should not hesitate to believe that if he created it, he is master over it. Ramona we have stepped up our prayers for you and for all of our cancer friends. (Sam, Andi, Melinda, Stephen, Tami and Leslie)
Love in Christ Debbie

Anonymous said...

Girl, I appreciate your transparent heart and your desire to glorify God not just in spite of but because of. Praying for you in Orlando.

Anonymous said...

Ramona,
You are such a huge blessing to everyone who knows you (and to those who don't know you too!:) )You're blogs have been so encouraging and as I was reading your last blog about Earl Cooke being healed all i could think was, and YOURE going to be next!!! God is so incredibly good.

Love, Raelynn

Anonymous said...

I don't have words to express my emotions right now! GOD IS SOOOO GOOD!! PTL !!

Michele said...

Praise the Lord for Earl Cooke's healing! What a Mighty God we serve!!! Sounds like you are at peace with your decision for your own healing and that you have a clear direction of which way you should go. That was my prayer for you...clear direction. I'm glad to hear that prayer has been answered. Congrats on sweating! While most of us wish we didn't sweat sometimes, if you haven't in a while, I'm sure that's a huge deal! Love and prayers to you and Earl...
(Jobina's sister)

Anonymous said...

We are in absolute agreement with you and Earl that you are healed!IPeter2:24 "by His stripes you WERE healed!" We receive healing just as we receive salvation...by faith! Remember that faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God. Romans 10:17 The more Word of God we have inside of us, the greater our faith is. Jesus did not pray that Simon would have faith, but that his faith "would not fail him". Luke 22:31 So I want to encourage you...maintain a constant and continual flow of the Word of God into your mind, heart, and life. "The Word of God is Alive" and it is what causes our faith to grow. One great way to make sure it continuously seeps into your spirit is by getting the Bible on CD and put it on repeat in your CD player. Even if you're doing something else at the same time, it still subconsciously enters your being. His Word is alive and it has the power to heal!Psalm 107:20 I know you love His Word already, but I just want to remind you of its power! I love you so much! Jackie

Anonymous said...

Now Ramona,
I cannot help but think you are on the edge of the miraculous. Sweat...hooray! Earl Cooke...praise God! Now Father, what are you doing in that body of Ramona's?

What a motivation to keep praying!!! The Vineyard in Elmwood is!

Jacquie R.

Anonymous said...

That's awesome news! Praise God for the miraculous healing in Earl's body and for your stinky sweatiness! : ) You're next Ramona.